How the year has flown by, it’s already the first day of summer! A new season is upon us, and it’s a great excuse to refresh – It’s time to think about how you will spend the sunny days ahead. Check out a few tips to help you have the best summer ever!
Enjoy the outdoors
Summer is the perfect time for soaking in vitamin D. Did you know that vitamin D has been found to reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases along with its ability to help bone health? It is found in few foods, but thankfully we can absorb it through sunshine. Here are a few ways to get outdoors even if you don’t live by the beach:
- Pack a picnic and invite some friends to spread the sunny spirit
- Take a walk outdoors during your lunch break to squeeze in the sunshine when you don’t have a lot of time
- Find local place to take a hike – You would be surprised of how many places there are to go even near the city
- Look for outdoor exercise classes to get in your exercise while soaking up the sun
Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
Pick up a new healthy habit
Most of our new year resolutions have long been abandoned, but wellness is about building healthy habits consistently throughout the year. This new season is a perfect time to pick a new habit, so try out some of these! We picked out some of our youtube videos to give you a little inspiration.
Drink more water
Water is one of the main keys to health, so this can be a great habit to start with. Also, the summer heat can leave you more dehydrated than normal. Lucie Fink dedicates 5 days to hydration to share some tips on how to stay hydrated, and all the benefits that comes along with it. Another tip is to keep some hint water handy when you get tired of drinking normal water, it’s the best way to avoid any sweeteners!
Start your day with a home workout
Youtube is filled with talented trainers who film fun and free workout videos. You will feel more refreshed and energized by starting your day with a workout. Added bonus, you don’t even have to leave the house!
Pack your lunch with a healthy option
It is hard to eat clean when you are grabbing food on-the-go. Pre-made or take-out meals often have hidden sugars, preservatives, etc that you want to avoid. A healthy habit is to pack your own lunch so that you can control the ingredients going into your meal. Blogilates has a whole series to teach out how to make cheap, clean eats!
Summer brings back memories of childhood summer vacations. Although you probably don’t get the summers off anymore, this season can be a great time to adventure. Weekend trips are perfect to get your wanderlust satisfied while avoiding too many days off work. Here is a list of everything you need to start planning your getaway!
- Location – The Travel Channel created a great collection of unique locations throughout the US for weekend trips. Check and see which ones are close to you!
- Packing – This part is always a pain, but make packing a tad bit easier with this adorable checklist from the sassy life blog!
- Memories – Preserve the new memories you make with a travel journal. Check out this collection of unique travel journal inspiration.
Happy first day of summer everyone! Check out more summer inspiration at our summer lovin’ pinterest board!