our favorite 5 healthy morning snacks we loved this week!
1. ricotta, apples & cinnamon: 1/3 cup low-fat Ricotta cheese mixed with 1 chopped apple, sprinkled with cinnamon
2. almond banana berry smoothie: 1 cup vanilla or chocolate unsweetened almond milk + 1 cup frozen or fresh berries + ½ banana + ¼ cup Greek yogurt
3. the nuttier nut: 1 rinsed and chopped celery stick filled with 1 tablespoon of nut butter (ideal ingredients = nuts and salt only) and topped with 7 almonds or 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
4. my go-to egg: 1 salted and peppered hardboiled egg + 1 piece of hand-fruit ( think 1 banana, orange, apple, pear, peach, etc)
5. the nutty cake: 1 brown rice cake, topped with 1 tablespoon natural nut butter (ideal ingredients = nuts and salt only) plus 1 small sliced banana or ¾ cup sliced strawberries, as a topping
what’s your favorite am snack?
Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD is a Registered Dietitian and Wellness Coach with a Masters in Nutrition. Specializing in coaching, weight loss, and behavior change, Corinne has helped hundreds of women develop a healthy positive relationship with food, their body, and themselves. She helps women do this by showing them how to create a healthy lifestyle (they love) using a holistic approach. She believes lasting change starts from the inside out. Say, “Hi,” on facebook here or visit her at CorinneDobbas.com