Weekends are times I force myself to leave my computer and get out there and live life. It’s so important for maintaining a sense of balance … and sanity. Some of my favorite things to do are below. Check them out and let me know what you think!
21 not-boring weekend activities:
- Go for a hike – grab a buddy, a furry friend or go solo – and clear your head in mother nature
- Have a dinner party – keep it simple – you do the main, everyone brings a side + throw on some music and have a night on the town at home
- Cook something new – snag that pinterest-worthy recipe you’ve been saying you’ll make for months … and make it (it’ll feel soooo good)
- Hit the farmers market – grab some reusable bags and go – farmer to table, here we come!
- Play pee-wee golf– no matter what age … guaranteed good time!
- Get your nails done – cheaper than a massage but still relaxing me-time
- Have a picnic – get away from your gadgets and have fun with real-world people and places
- Pretend you’re a tourist – that place that all the tourists go, but you’ve never been to — you may find something new and exciting in your own backyard!
- Try a new workout class – the Bar Method, Barry’s Bootcamp, spin – give it a whirl … why not?
- Read a book – celebrate the wonder of chill time
- BBQ – find a local park that allows BBQing, invite your friends, bring some games and have fun
- Sign-up for a cooking class – do a google search and see what’s around you … so fun!
- Mini road trip it – enjoy a day away somewhere not too far from home, but far enough to detach (ommmmm)
- Go on a date – plan out a legit date for your special someone and watch them smile and win instant brownie points!
- Play bocce ball or horseshoes – old-fashioned games for some old-fashioned fun
- Check out Sosh – if your city is selected (mostly major ones), check this site out for activities, events and cool things to do near you
- Reconnect – that person you’ve been meaning to call for weeks, but haven’t …. ring ’em 😉
- Organize dodgeball – dodgeball isn’t just for kids – pick a date, time, send invites and watch the yes’s roll in for a no-doubt awesome time
- Beach it – instant stress relief
- Step back – journal, reflect, meditate – take a moment to reflect and check-in with yourself about what’s really important to you
- Find inspiration – join a group, take a new class, sign-up for that online course, do something that ignites the passion in your soul – you won’t regret it
What’s your weekend favorite? Share below to share ideas!
Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD is a Registered Dietitian and Wellness Coach with a Masters in Nutrition. Specializing in coaching, weight loss, and behavior change, Corinne has helped hundreds of women develop a healthy positive relationship with food, their body, and themselves. She helps women do this by showing them how to create a healthy lifestyle (they love) using a holistic approach. She believes lasting change starts from the inside out. Say, “Hi,” on facebook here or visit her at CorinneDobbas.com