Looking for a memorable Valentine’s Day gift that won’t break the bank?
Or, just want something different than the usual dinner, flowers, and chocolates?
If so, you’re in for a treat.
Here are 6 valentine’s day gifts under $60 (can you say, yes please!?)!
1. An Indoor Picnic: Winter nights don’t offer ideal picnic weather, so why not bring a romantic picnic at home this Valentine’s Day? Set up a picnic blanket indoors and put together an easy to eat meal (think bruschetta and chocolate covered strawberries). For an extra surprise, light candles and incense to make your indoor picnic even more romantic.
2. Paper Flowers: Why spend so much money on Valentine’s Day flowers that only die a few days later? You can learn to make flowers that will last forever, either from origami paper or tissue paper. You only need a few things to make them . While the origami flowers are great for those who are more creative, the tissue flowers are easy enough for anyone to perfect and still look great!
3. Bring the Paint Bar home: A popular new date pick are Paint Bars across the country. A professional artist teaches you how to create a painting, as you sip on wine and enjoy the creative process with your date. This year make it an at home Valentine’s Day activity and buy two canvases, brushes, and paint. Rather than a painting picked by a professional, try to paint something with significance to your relationship, like the location of your first date, or an activity you both enjoy. Even if the paintings don’t turn out as expected, they’ll be a memory of your Valentine’s Day this year.
4. Homemade Steak Dinner: Bring home the classic Valentine’s Day steakhouse dinner this year. Buy a nice lean cut of beef and perhaps some red wine to match. Even if you don’t have experience cooking steak, there are great tips online including this site, and you even have the option to bake it. Throw in sides like roasted sweet potatoes and steamed veggies, and you have a great meal in the privacy of your own home, but for a lot less.
5. Make a Photo Woodblock: You can easily bring a framed photo gift the next level, with this creative Valentine’s Day gift idea. With the help of a photo, a block of wood, a gel medium, and mod podge, you can transfer a photo of you and your significant other onto a block of wood. No natural creative skill necessary! Check it out here.
6. Personalized Homemade Truffles: Finally, you can step up the classic box of chocolates by personalizing the flavors based on your significant other’s favorite foods and drinks. It is easy to find some interesting truffle recipes like Earl Grey or Chili. Guaranteed to be more appreciated than any box of Godiva you can buy.
photo credit: Sarah Parrott via photopin cc