Need an afternoon pick-me-up?
Instead of reaching for the candy jar, opt for one of these balanced snacks to power you on through.
1. The Guac’d-Out Egg: 1 chopped hardboiled egg (salt = optional), mashed with 2 tablespoons of guacamole atop 1 Ak Mak cracker or wholegrain cracker of choice
2. Beans & Salsa: ½ cup cooked black beans mixed with salsa, sprinkled with cheddar cheese (optional)
3. Turkey Topper: 2 Ak Mak Crackers topped with 2 tablespoon hummus, mustard (optional) and 1.5 ounces of roasted skinless turkey breast
4. The Spread: 1/2 avocado (salt to taste) + baby carrots + veggies, dipped in 3 tablespoons hummus
5. Yogurt Power: ½ cup plain Greek yogurt + ¾ cup berries + 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
What’s your afternoon go-to??
Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD is a Registered Dietitian and Wellness Coach with a Masters in Nutrition. Specializing in coaching, weight loss, and behavior change, Corinne has helped hundreds of women develop a healthy positive relationship with food, their body, and themselves. She helps women do this by showing them how to create a healthy lifestyle (they love) using a holistic approach. She believes lasting change starts from the inside out. Say, “Hi,” on facebook HERE or visit her at CorinneDobbas.com